Hello! I’m beginning this blog with a challenge that I gave myself to see if I could style the same dress 12 different ways. What began as a personal challenge turned into a way to educate women on how to create multiple looks with the same dress. It turned out to be a starting point for conversations with women about fast fashion, basic wardrobe essentials, finding a dress that suits your figure, and many more thoughtful conversations.
Here were the parameters that I gave myself for choosing the right dress:
- The fabric of the dress must be able to be dressed up or down.
- The fit of the dress had to be basic, and have short sleeves.
- I preferred a bit of an a-line drape because of my figure.
- The dress needed to have a texture.
- The dress needed to land slightly above the knee.
- I wanted a burgandy (red, wine, etc..) dress to wear throughout the holidays.
- I wanted a well-made dress that I could keep in my closet through all of the seasons.